Thursday 13 September 2007

"while washing tine remove clic plastic cramb catcher from clic bib"

I love things that make me laugh. And things that particularly make me laugh are things that make no sense! Yesterday my mum purchased a bib for my new nephew which contained the instructions shown in the picture. I especially liked:

"while washing tine remove clic plastic cramb catcher from clic bib."

As someone who self-confessedly thinks too much and feels the heaviness of this life frequently, finding humour in small things is a lifeline!

When I was in Thailand, with some of the funniest people I have ever met, I learned to appreciate humour in a new way. I realised that God is very gracious to allow us to enjoy and appreciate the small and random things in life. It seems to me (not wanting to sound too extreme or negative) that they make life bearable.

I am grateful for the gift of being able to find small things hilarious.

Other things I find funny at the moment (but also consistently) are:

- The world of would you rather
- The word dissassociation game
- Other people's creativity in the above games

1 comment:

OddBabble said...

I don't think I know the word disassociation game, but I think I need to be introduced to it IMMEDIATELY.

PS. I dreamed that you and I met for lunch the other day, and you introduced me to your six year old daughter! I was surprised!!