Thursday 8 November 2007

Sometimes...

Sometimes...
the only thing that keeps me going is the hope of seeing Jesus face to face.

Sometimes...
in the times where I feel like the pain will never end, all I can do is close my teary eyes, whisper the name 'Jesus', and rest in the knowledge that He will return, I will see Him, and all this stuff will be made right.

Sometimes...
I have to talk to myself, out loud, and tell myself that the gospel is true, that grace is real, that God is in control and He loves me, that He uses even pain for good in the lives of those who love Him.

Sometimes...
God makes me aware that the Bible is the only place I will find truth, and so I cling to it for all I've got.

Sometimes...
I remember that God is my shelter in this storm.

Sometimes...
I forget.

Sometimes...
God gives me eyes to behold His beauty and love Him for it even when everything else is making me hurt and cry.

Sometimes...
things just hurt and everything is black.

Sometimes...
I wonder how much more painful this world could possibly be...and yet know that there is much more pain in this world than I have ever even begun to taste.

This is one of those times.

But in the time when Jesus returns:

'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.' - Revelation 21:4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you write this? I feel like that alot too. I feel that the world is in a terrible state, and that it can't possibly get worse, but then it does. You hear awful things on the news, and you just have to cling onto the fact that Jesus will come back soon, and rescue his children from this turmoil.
This blog encouraged me actually, as today i felt quite sad about something that happened yesterday. But i have found that hope again.